The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
- Cadence - the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
- Ground contact time balance - the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. Displayed as a percentage. (e.g 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.)
- Stride length - the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. Measured in meters.
- Vertical oscillation - your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step.
- Vertical ratio - the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground contact time - the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
Learn more about running dynamics
²When the compatible device is paired with compatible smartphone